1

There seems to be a rash of miscalculated word counts in JA>EN jobs. The jobs show up with ?????? in place of the usual segment of text in the display. There are at least three in the queue now, and I noticed a few yesterday as well. 

All of the jobs are flagged, so hopefully the customers will take them down and re-post them or contact Gengo Support, but I wanted to see if this is an issue that Gengo is aware of and working on.

2 comments

  • 0
    Avatar
    Masami

    Hi!

    I've noticed them too. I'm pretty sure the support team must be aware of it. On one of those jobs the customer asked for it to be rectified so I left a comment asking them to contact support; I then saw the same content come up again a little while later with the right word count, so it looks like they know how to fix it but at the moment are doing so on an individual basis. The support team is pretty good at following things through so I'm pretty sure they must be working on a site-wide solution.

    Masami

  • 0
    Avatar
    peanut butter

    It's two weeks later now and the problem has cropped up again. Putting the burden on the customer to submit a text file in UTF-8 format is not the best way to make customers happy to work with Gengo. If I am not mistaken, Gengo employs computer-savvy people, so I would like them to tell us if it really takes a rocket scientist to figure out, at an automated level, what format a text file is in when it is submitted and, if not in UTF-8, to convert the file to that format. Then (1) the customer would not be confused when the hubbub arises, (2) the word count will (presumably) come out right, and (3) the translators can look at a legible version of the content without having to "accept" the job just to see what's in it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.