Our Language Specialists are the experts in their language pair. They create resources, interact with translators, assist with project-related tasks, guide the reviewers in their pair as well as build and assess our pool of translators, ensuring high translation quality.
Who should apply?
- This role is for experienced professional translators only.
- We look for individuals with great attention to detail, always striving for high standards.
- Successful applicants must have friendly and efficient communication skills, and must be available to answer the majority of queries within 24-48 hours.
- Applicants must be ready to complete regular reviews within 48 hours or less.
What is the role?
- Our Language Specialists are responsible for maintaining high standards of our translations in each language pair.
- They work for a monthly retainer and use a special section of the website to administer tests and assess translations.
- Language Specialists also help us create educational materials and translation tests for our crowd.
- It's ideal for you if you'd like to be a part of a growing translator community and experience translator assessment at scale.
- Language Specialists work as a team to oversee the overall quality in their language pair.
Is it a full-time role?
- No. You can work flexibly as a Language Specialist.
- Most of our "LS"s are freelance professional translators who take on Gengo duties in addition to their regular work.
- Gengo staff will always let LSs know about upcoming high workload periods.
How to apply
- Fill out the application form here.
- Your application will be reviewed by our Translator Support Team. If successful, you will be invited to provide further information and to be interviewed via Skype.
- We cannot respond to applications that do not include links to translation examples.