Thanks for your interest in the Translator Developer Community :)
Gengo's current views on the topic of third party applications or tools for translators:
- Gengo does not verify the quality of any 3rd party applications. As a result we do not currently endorse or guarantee the safety/quality of any 3rd party applications.
- Translators use third party apps at their own risk and will not be supported by Gengo. This includes:
- Risk of loss of account access or reward payout balance.
- Breach of the Translator Agreement resulting in immediate termination.
- Gengo may make changes to the website with no prior notice and break the 3rd party application or cause unintended behavior resulting in further risk of (2) above.
- Gengo may develop features that overlap with the 3rd party application, nullifying the applications utility.
- Funding of third party apps shall not be discussed on Gengo's forums.
- Third party apps shall not collect translators' Gengo usernames and passwords. (Sign up instructions should be clear that translators should use a different username and password than their Gengo account)
- Third party apps shall not infringe any trademark right or copyright of Gengo.
- Third party apps shall not store any customer-related information, such as job texts or files.
Examples of tools that are not ok:
- Machine assisted assigning or hoarding of jobs
- Applications that disrupt the Gengo service in any way
If in doubt, check with a representative before proceeding :) Thanks!