To request a payout from Gengo, you must fill in and submit electronically a tax form declaring your taxpayer status.
- If you are a U.S. citizen, you must submit a W-9 form
- If you live in the U.S. (resident alien) and are legally allowed to work in the U.S., you must submit a W-9 form
- If you are NOT a U.S. citizen, and you live outside the U.S. (i.e. you live in any country except the U.S.), you must submit a W-8BEN form
- If you are NOT a U.S. citizen, and you live inside the US without permission to work, you cannot work for Gengo
When you try to request your first payout, you will be redirected to the page where you can get your tax form. You will need to submit your tax form before your payout request is acknowledged, so be sure to go back and request your payout again after submitting your tax form.
When you click on "Email me my link to the W-9 or W-8BEN form" you will receive an email from RightSignature.
Open the email you should have received from RightSignature. You will see a link to click like this:
After clicking the link provided, you will be directed to RightSignature. Here you can fill in the required fields (marked with a red flag) and complete it with an e-signature.
- If you are filling out the W-9 form (for U.S. citizens or U.S. resident aliens), see this example:
- If you are filling out the W-8BEN form (for everyone else), see this example:
Once you submit your form, you can go back to the Taxpayer Status page and it will show the date and time we received your signed tax document.
No, you must fill and sign the form digitally on RightSignature. We can't accept printed, scanned or downloaded forms. You can, however, download your form in PDF format for your own records.
If you have accidentally requested the wrong form, you can cancel it and request to have the correct one emailed to you instead.
If you need to make changes to your tax form, click on Request a new form and you'll receive a new form via RightSignature.
Keep in mind that once you click Request a new form, your previous form will become void, and you will need to complete the new form to be able to request a payout.
If your personal circumstances change (i.e. your name if you get married, your address if you move, etc.), you should submit an updated tax form as soon as possible. To update your tax form, please click Request a new form on the Taxpayer Status page of your translator dashboard.