Why the translation task is not available for me even after availability of too much units in my language pair and receiving email regarding the translation. I am unable to pick up any collection for months. I joined the Gengo Team as English>Arabic translator in September 2019 and had an opportunity to translate 95 words only till now. Could you please let me know the reason?
Thank you in advance
Thanks for this post! Without more details, however, it's very hard to understand your situation. From your post, we can't really know if your situation is that you're not seeing any jobs, or you're seeing them but experiencing some kind of issue that prevents you from picking them up. Could you please elaborate so we can perhaps better understand your situation and provide advice? Alternatively, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org directly and have them look into your particular case.
The actual problem is that whenever a new collection becomes available for translation, it seems that Gengo network has been hacked by someone, causing delay in picking up new collections. Furthermore, despite being huge amount of jobs in my language pair over the past week as shown in the report, too less collections consisting 5-10 words are shown in my dashboard.
The Gengo network has not been hacked, but your language pair is fairly competitive. If there's other translators online at the same time as you, it's quite normal that sometimes others may be faster when picking up new collections. This also depends on the timing at which you see the collection and your internet speed and reliability. Are you using an RSS feed reader to receive prompt notifications?
Additionally, the report you received offers certain insights into the busiest days of week and times of day (UTC), please also take those into account when considering when the jobs might have come in, as it may not have been necessarily when you were online :)
Yes, I am using RSS feed reader.
Thanks for your cooperation and timely response
Thanks, Farhan! Please take a look at the settings for your RSS feed reader and make sure that the interval is set to the minimum possible, anywhere between 30 seconds to 60 seconds, in order to ensure you receive prompt notifications :)
If this is all correct, I would recommend that you take a look at the past couple of reports about work volume in your language pair and see if you can identify any patterns as to busiest days of week/times of day, and whether this is a suitable time for you to check for jobs. That may increase your chances of picking up a job soon! Please do keep me posted on your experience :)
I sent earlier to customer support an email on not finding jobs on the dashboard. I check the dashboard all the times days and nights and I do not find any jobs. I think that only certain translators who have access to jobs. Please let me know how I find jobs. Also I insist that from the day you began to send weekly emails I never happened that I found a job.
Appreciate your time.
Hi fellow translators,
Hope you are doing well. I didn't receive today's weekly overview. Did the same happened to anyone of you? I would like to know about this week's overview regarding our language pair.
Thank you for your time
Actually I don't seem to have received one either (Japanese to English language pair).
@Farhan Ansari - Thanks for bringing this up. Due to a malfunction, the emails did not go out last week. They have just gone out today, so please double check if you received it.
@collinmradford - I will check whether you're in the list :) These emails have been rolled out slowly to increasing numbers of translators, but are not going out to everybody yet. We're aiming to automate them so all translators on the system can start receiving them regularly this year :)
Thank you so much Lara! Today morning, I received the email containing weekly overview of my language pair Eng>Ara. Thank you so much for your reply once again.
Furthermore, I would like to raise my concern about not receiving available jobs on my dashboard from around two weeks. Before this period, I received a good amount of task to work on, but now whenever a job appers on my dashboard and I try to pick it up, it becomes unavailable for me to work on.
Thank you so much!