In light of the numerous questions regarding the implementation of Payoneer as a second payment method, which we announced earlier in March this year, we would like to apologize for the release delay, and to provide you with an update explaining the current status of the project.
The implementation of Payoneer was postponed when other urgent projects came up and took priority. However, we know there is a need for a second payment method and so, at the moment, we are working on bringing the focus back to this project. Given the pace at which the online payments industry has changed even in the last 6 months, we are also keeping our options open and speaking with a number of other payment services to ensure that we can provide easy and convenient payments to the largest number of countries possible. This means that, while we may still decide to go with Payoneer, the possibility exists that we may choose to work with another payment provider.
Until now, we were recommending translators wishing to use Payoneer to start creating their accounts to be ready to switch when the time comes. However, taking the above into account, we now recommend that you hold off creating a new account until we can confirm a release date. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused.
We understand that, by announcing the implementation of a second payment method early on we created expectations that we have not been able to fulfill yet, and we apologize for that.
Please be assured that giving our translators multiple payment options is still our goal, and while it may still take a while, we are working on it. Next time, we will make sure to make an announcement only when we have a confirmed release date.
Thank you for your understanding!