What qualifications or experience do you need to become an AI contributor for Gengo?
You don't need specific qualifications or experience to become an AI contributor for Gengo. However, different projects may require varying skills or linguistic knowledge, which we verify by conducting tests before giving full access to each project.
Additionally, different projects may have a variety of demographic requirements, such as age, gender, country of residence, and others. We may send out surveys and request this information for a project in order to match you to the most relevant task for you.
At the moment, we're currently testing for AI tasks on a project by project basis. If you've been invited to participate in an AI project, please sign up with us and follow the instructions you've received on what to do next.
If you haven't been invited to a project but are interested in performing AI tasks for Gengo, stay tuned! You can still sign up with us. During the onboarding process, please check the box below to express your interest in AI tasks.
If you are already a registered translator with us, you can express your interest in AI tasks from your Account settings page.
We will reach out to you when we start running qualifying tests, or when a project that suits your skills comes along. Be sure to also follow us on social media and stay tuned for updates!
Is there a minimum age to join as an AI contributor?
Yes, you must be at least 18 years of age to join Gengo as an AI contributor.
Who can work for Gengo?
You CAN work for Gengo if...
- If you are a U.S. citizen
- If you live in the U.S. (resident alien) and are legally allowed to work in the U.S.
- If you are NOT a U.S. citizen, and you live outside the U.S. (i.e. you live in any country except the U.S.)
You CANNOT work for Gengo if...
- If you are NOT a U.S. citizen, and you live inside the US without permission to work
- If you are based in certain countries that cannot legally conduct business with U.S. companies. Currently these countries are: Cuba, Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Syria. Please note there may be other countries restricted by law, as this changes occasionally. Click here for more information on these laws.